Trust and security
We’re operated by a UK financial services company called VFX Financial PLC. It’s the parent company for a number of successful financial brands, so you can count on us to get you a great deal.
Send money whenever, wherever
With our mobile or desktop app you can send money to any bank account in Africa, making it easy for you to transfer funds wherever you need them to go. It’s also possible to send money to mobile wallets such as M-Pesa, Airtel, Equitel, and MTN, making us one of the most flexible options out there.
Enhanced service for Equity Bank account holders
We have a partnership with the Equity Bank Group in Kenya which allows anyone with an Equity bank account to enjoy reduced fees, faster delivery and none of the usual sending limits that come with mobile money services.
If you don’t have an account with Equity Bank, there’s no need to worry. We have a superb service that you can enjoy anyway, with excellent customer care and some of the best exchange rates on the web.
Our service in three easy steps:
1. Log in to your Equity Direct account via our desktop or mobile app. If you’re new, it only takes a few moments to sign up and it’s free.
2. Choose how much you want to send, who you want to send it to, and how you would like to pay.
3. Your money is on its way to your receiver! We’ll send you a confirmation email and text message.
Equity Direct for business
If you own a business and you need to send money to Africa, we can help with that too. Business customers can make excellent savings with our dedicated business to business transfer service. We offer robust anti-fraud algorithms, superb exchange rates and a great customer support service.
About VFX Financial
Equity Direct is a trading name of VFX Financial PLC, a group of world-class financial brands that offer cutting edge solutions for foreign exchange, remittances and mobile wallet technology. Millions of people around the world use our products every day and rely on us to send money safely overseas.
Knowing how important it is for the African diaspora to send money home securely and cost effectively, we set up Equity Direct as an easy, affordable solution with excellent rates of exchange and low fees.
Today we have customers all over the world who enjoy how easy and fast our service is. You can join them!
About Equity Bank Limited
The Equity Bank Group is one of Kenya and East Africa’s fastest growing financial service providers. Established in 1984, it has a long history of supporting the socio-economic development of the region. The bank is registered under the Companies Act cap 486 and licensed under the Banking Act Cap 488 laws of Kenya.
- Equity has over 10 million accounts, making them Kenya’s largest bank in terms of customers
- In 2004, the bank was recognised as a model intuition by the World Bank for the impact it made in poverty reduction.
- Equity has won a number of awards including Most Innovative Bank at the 2015 Think Business Banking Awards, and Overall winner of Best Bank in Kenya.
- The bank enjoys top-rating of “Strong” from its Regulatory Authority, the Central Bank of Kenya and enjoys an A1+ (Ken) Credit rating from Global Credit Rating Agency.